Adding Scoreboard, Standings and Stats Pages
All right, so we’ve got the plugin installed and setup. We have our divisions, teams, players and some games. Now how will we display this data. Fortunately, Sports Bench makes it easy for you to display standings, scoreboards and stats leaderboards on pages (and even posts) thanks to shortcodes. This section will take you through how to do that.
- First start a new page or post. Then click the “SB” logo near the top of the visual editor. This will open up a modal where you can select a number of different shortcodes.
- If you want to add a scoreboard, select “Scoreboard” and then hit insert. Now when you view the page or post, a scoreboard will be displayed.
- If you want to add standings, select “Standings” and then hit insert. Then a few options will appear below the editor. If it doesn’t appear right away, give it a few seconds. In the options, you can show league, conference and division standings and show home, away, division and conference records and points for and against and points differential. You can add and remove items if you need to using the buttons in the options.
- If you want to add a stats leaderboard, select “Stats” and then hit insert. Then an options panel will appear below the editor. Here, you can chose which stats show up on the page. You can add as many stats as you like to the page.
- That’s it. You can create pages that show a scoreboard, standings and stats without writing a single line of code!