Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings
Now that you’ve got Sports Bench installed and activated, let’s take a walk through the settings for the plugin.
- Sport: Select the sport your website is using. Sports Bench only allows you to use one sport per website. Also, please note that when you change sports, the database tables for game information will change and you will lose all of the game data.
- Current Season: Enter in the current season for your league. This could be a single year or something like 2021-2022.
- Does the league’s season span two numerical years? (i.e. 2015-16): If your league spans two years, like Fall 2021 to Spring 2022, check the checkbox to denote that.
- Current Week: Enter in the current week of the season if you are going by weeks.
- Display basketball scoreline by half: If you are using basketball and use halves instead of quarters, check this check box.
- Player Page: Select the page that will be the players page. You can go ahead and create the page now and select it and then go back and set the page up with the player page block or page template.
- Team Page: Select the page that will be the teams page. You can go ahead and create the page now and select it and then go back and set the page up with the team page block or page template.
- Box Score Page: Select the page that will be the box score page. You can go ahead and create the page now and select it and then go back and set the page up with the box score page block or page template.
- Once you have selected your pages, you will need to go to “Settings” and “Permalinks” and hit “Save” to get the links to individual team and player pages to work.
- Display games in the scoreboard by week: Select this checkbox if you want to have the scoreboard areas display games by week or by a date (or seven-day period for the scoreboard bar).
- Display Google Map with Game Location in Preview: Select this checkbox if you want to show a Google Map for the stadium location for games in the preview for the game.
- Google Maps API Key: If you select the previous option, you will need to create a Google Maps API key for the maps to work. You can learn more about that from Google.
- Display abbreviation guide: Select this checkbox if you want to show an abbreviation guide underneath the stats tables to help your readers understand what the abbreviations are.
Getting Started with the Sports Bench Plugin
- Setting Up the Player Page
- Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps
- Using the Shortcodes
- Using the Widgets
- Setting Up the Player Stat Search Page
- Setting Up the Stats Leaderboard Page
- Setting Up the Standings Page
- Setting Up the Scoreboard Page
- Setting Up the Box Score Page
- Installing and Activating Sports Bench
- Setting Up the Team Page
- Creating a New Playoff Bracket
- Adding Divisions/Conferences
- Creating a New Game
- Creating a New Player
- Creating a New Team
- Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings