Creating a New Game
Now that you have your teams and your players entered, it’s time to create a game. A number of things here will depend on the sport that you are using for your website, but this guide will walk you through the basics of how to do so.
- To add a new game, go to “Games” and “Add New” in the left hand menu in the dashboard. You can also navigate to that page by hovering over “Add” in the top admin bar from any page on the website.
- Select the away and home teams.
- Add in the information for the game along the right hand side.
- If you don’t go by week for your games, you can leave it blank.
- If the game is in progress, be sure to add in the current time, period and score.
- If the game is at a neutral site, add in the stadium name and location.
- If the game is in progress or finished, add in the linescore for the game (this is not available for baseball).
- If the game is in progress or finished, add in the team stats for the game.
- If you don’t have the stats for a field, feel free to leave it blank.
- If the game has scoring or game events, add those in.
- This is not available for basketball or volleyball games.
- Use the “Add Event” button to add a new event.
- Use the “minus” button at the end of each row to remove the event.
- If you have individual stats for the home or away team, add them in.
- Use the “Add Player” button to add a new player.
- Use the “minus” button at the end of each row to remove the player.
- Once you are ready, hit the save button to create or update the game.
Congratulations! You have now added your first game to your website.
Getting Started with the Sports Bench Plugin
- Installing and Activating Sports Bench
- Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings
- Creating a New Team
- Creating a New Player
- Creating a New Game
- Adding Divisions/Conferences
- Creating a New Playoff Bracket
- Setting Up the Team Page
- Setting Up the Player Page
- Setting Up the Box Score Page
- Setting Up the Scoreboard Page
- Setting Up the Standings Page
- Setting Up the Stats Leaderboard Page
- Setting Up the Player Stat Search Page
- Using the Widgets
- Using the Shortcodes
- Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps