Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps
Game previews and recaps are an interesting part of Sports Bench.
With the plugin, if you designate a post as a game preview or recap, it will show up as a link in the scoreboard bar, the scoreboard page and scoreboard widget for the game that you select.
And if you are using the Sports Bench Main Theme, you can also use this feature to show the information for a game towards the top of the post automatically.
So here’s how you can designate a post to be a game preview or recap.
- Create your post that you want to be the preview or recap.
- In the custom fields section on the right, select whether this is a preview or a recap.
- Then select the year for the game and then select the game that you’re previewing or recapping.
- Then update or publish your post.
Congratulations! You’ve now created a game preview or recap. If you want, you can also add in the game block or the game recap block to show more information about the game (if you’re not using the theme).
Getting Started with the Sports Bench Plugin
- Setting Up the Player Page
- Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps
- Using the Shortcodes
- Using the Widgets
- Setting Up the Player Stat Search Page
- Setting Up the Stats Leaderboard Page
- Setting Up the Standings Page
- Setting Up the Scoreboard Page
- Setting Up the Box Score Page
- Installing and Activating Sports Bench
- Setting Up the Team Page
- Creating a New Playoff Bracket
- Adding Divisions/Conferences
- Creating a New Game
- Creating a New Player
- Creating a New Team
- Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings