Creating a New Playoff Bracket
Playoffs are an exciting time for any league. And Sports Bench makes it easy to create and display brackets on your website.
- To add a new bracket, go to “Playoffs” and “Add New” in the left hand menu in the dashboard. You can also navigate to that page by hovering over “Add” in the top admin bar from any page on the website.
- Add in the information about the bracket.
- You can select from 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 64 teams for the bracket. If your tournament has another amount of teams, you can select the next highest number and just leave some of the spots blank for byes.
- You can select between a single and double elimination tournament.
- Select the season that the bracket is for.
- Hit “Create Bracket” to generate the fields for the bracket.
- Fill out each of the playoff series that you can for now. You can always come back and update it.
- You can add in a seed for each team in the series.
- The score for the series will be determined by the game(s) selected for the series.
- You can choose between a one game, two-leg series (for soccer), three, five or seven game series.
- Select the games that comprise the series.
- When you are ready to save the bracket, hit “Save”.
- To display the bracket, go to the page or post you want to add the bracket.
- If you are using the classic editor, look for the “SB” logo in the editor.
- When it opens, select “Bracket” and then select the bracket you created.
- If you are using the block editor, look for the “Sports Bench Bracket” block.
- Select the bracket you want to show in the right-hand editor for the block.
- Hit “Publish” or “Update” for the post or page.
Congratulations! You’ve now added a playoff bracket to your website.
Getting Started with the Sports Bench Plugin
- Installing and Activating Sports Bench
- Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings
- Creating a New Team
- Creating a New Player
- Creating a New Game
- Adding Divisions/Conferences
- Creating a New Playoff Bracket
- Setting Up the Team Page
- Setting Up the Player Page
- Setting Up the Box Score Page
- Setting Up the Scoreboard Page
- Setting Up the Standings Page
- Setting Up the Stats Leaderboard Page
- Setting Up the Player Stat Search Page
- Using the Widgets
- Using the Shortcodes
- Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps