Setting Up the Player Page
Sports Bench has support for creating a player page for all of the players on your website. It’s pretty easy to set up once you’ve created your players. The page will initially display a dropdown of teams in your league that will then show a list of players for a selected team with links that show you more information about the player.
Here’s how to create the player page(s).
- Create a new page and title it whatever you want (it doesn’t have to be “players” though that is recommended.
- Depending on if
- If you are using the Sports Bench Main Theme, you can simply select “Player” from the template selector.
- If you are using the classic editor, hit the Sports Bench logo in the editor and select “Player Page”.
- If you are using the block editor, add the “Sports Bench Player Page” block.
- Publish the page.
- If you haven’t already, you will need to set this page as your player page in the Sports Bench settings.
- Go to “Sports Bench” in the left-hand menu and then select the “Pages” tab.
- Select your new page as the player page.
- Hit save.
- After setting this as your team page, you will need to go to “Settings” and “Permalinks” in the left-hand menu and just hit save to update the permalinks.
- Then view your new page.
Congratulations! You’ve now created your player page. There might be some styling adjustments you’ll need to make to get it just right with your theme, but the hard part is over.
Getting Started with the Sports Bench Plugin
- Installing and Activating Sports Bench
- Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings
- Creating a New Team
- Creating a New Player
- Creating a New Game
- Adding Divisions/Conferences
- Creating a New Playoff Bracket
- Setting Up the Team Page
- Setting Up the Player Page
- Setting Up the Box Score Page
- Setting Up the Scoreboard Page
- Setting Up the Standings Page
- Setting Up the Stats Leaderboard Page
- Setting Up the Player Stat Search Page
- Using the Widgets
- Using the Shortcodes
- Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps