Creating a New Team
Once you’ve got the Sports Bench plugin set up, the first thing that’s best to do is to add in the teams for your league. Creating a new team is pretty simple, but let’s walk through what you’ll need to do.
- To add a new team, go to “Teams” and “Add New” in the left hand menu in the dashboard. You can also navigate to that page by hovering over “Add” in the top admin bar from any page on the website.
- Fill out the fields for the add team page.
- If a team doesn’t have a nickname, like FC Dallas or Austin FC, put the entire team name in the location field.
- The abbreviation should be three or four letters.
- You can leave the stadium information blank if it’s a little or rec league where all of the teams share the same fields/courts/rinks/etc. You can use the “Neutral Site” option when creating a game to help people figure out where the game will be played.
- You can add a team logo and a team photo on the right hand side. The logo will show up almost everywhere the team is listed (standings, scoreboard, stats, etc.). The team photo will show up on the team’s page only by default.
- When you’re ready, hit save to create the team.
Congratulations! You have now added your first team to your website. Once you’ve added in all of your teams, you can start to create players for those teams.
Getting Started with the Sports Bench Plugin
- Installing and Activating Sports Bench
- Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings
- Creating a New Team
- Creating a New Player
- Creating a New Game
- Adding Divisions/Conferences
- Creating a New Playoff Bracket
- Setting Up the Team Page
- Setting Up the Player Page
- Setting Up the Box Score Page
- Setting Up the Scoreboard Page
- Setting Up the Standings Page
- Setting Up the Stats Leaderboard Page
- Setting Up the Player Stat Search Page
- Using the Widgets
- Using the Shortcodes
- Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps