Creating a New Player
After you’ve got your teams created, it’s time to add in the players. The good news is that it’s pretty straightforward to add a player to a team.
- To add a new player, go to “Players” and “Add New” in the left hand menu in the dashboard. You can also navigate to that page by hovering over “Add” in the top admin bar from any page on the website.
- Fill out the fields for the new player.
- If you don’t have or don’t want to show any particular information, you can leave the field blank.
- You can add a photo of the player on the right hand side. The player photo shows up on the player’s page, the player listing page and the player block.
- When you’re ready, hit save to create the player.
Congratulations! You have now added your first player to your website. Once you’ve added in all of your players, you can start to create games.
Getting Started with the Sports Bench Plugin
- Installing and Activating Sports Bench
- Setting Up the Sports Bench Settings
- Creating a New Team
- Creating a New Player
- Creating a New Game
- Adding Divisions/Conferences
- Creating a New Playoff Bracket
- Setting Up the Team Page
- Setting Up the Player Page
- Setting Up the Box Score Page
- Setting Up the Scoreboard Page
- Setting Up the Standings Page
- Setting Up the Stats Leaderboard Page
- Setting Up the Player Stat Search Page
- Using the Widgets
- Using the Shortcodes
- Setting Up Game Previews and Recaps