Creating a Game
So we’ve added our teams and their players. Now it’s time to add games to the schedule. This is the most complicated of the admin pages associated with the plugin, but if you follow these steps, you’ll have no issue adding games and game stats.
- To start adding games, hover over the “Games” item in the admin area of your site. Then click “Add New” in the submenu that appears.
- Select the home and away teams for the game.
- Then select whether this game is a scheduled game, a game in progress or a game that is final.
- If this is a game that’s in progress, another section will appear below. Here you’ll enter the current score for the home and away teams and the current time and period (or minute of the match for soccer or inning for baseball) of the game.
- In the game information row, enter the season the game is taking place in. If you’re sorting your games by week, add the week number. Then add the date and time of the game and the attendance of the game (if applicable).
- If this game is listed as a scheduled game, you don’t need to go any further. Hit save right here and you’re done! You’ve added your first game. Otherwise, continue on.
- In this next section, add the scoreline for the game. If this is a baseball game, enter in the runs, hits, errors and men/women left on base. Otherwise, enter the scoring by quarter, period or half. The final column on the right will automatically add up the total for each team.
- Next add the game/match events for the game. This differs from sport to sport, but the column headings wil point you in the right direction. You can add as many game events as needed with the button at the bottom. You can also remove game events with the remove button at the end of each row.
- Note: Basketball games do not have this section.
- If this game is listed as an in-progress game, you don’t need to go any further. Hit save right here and you’re done! You’ve added your first game. Otherwise, continue on.
- Then add in the team stats for the game. Again, this differs depending on the sport, but the titles in the center will help you along.
- Next add in the individual player stats for the home and away teams. The players will be loaded in a dropdown on the left when you select the teams at the top. Again, the stats you’ll need to enter differ depending on the sport, but the column headings will guide you along. You can add as many players as you need with the button at the bottom of each section. You can also remove players with the remove button at the end of each row.
- Finally, hit the save button at the bottom of the page. You’ve now created your first game complete with all of the stats. Congrats! Now just repeat the process whenever you need to add or edit games.