Setting Up Sports Bench
So now you’ve got the plugin installed and activated. Before we get too far along, we need to set up a few plugin settings so that you’re ready to go.
- Go to the Sports Bench Options page after activating the plugin. The link can be found in the admin menu on the left side.
- First, select a sport. Currently, baseball, basketball, (American) Football, Hockey and Soccer (Football) are supported. Please note that if you select a sport, comeback to the option and change it, all games will be lost.
- Add the current season. The default is the current year. Please make note of how you format the year(s) here. You’ll need it when you start to create games later on. Make sure to update this setting when you start a new season.
- Determine whether or not you want to display games by week or not. This option determines how games are shown on the scoreboard. If you don’t select this option, you can disregard the “Week” field when creating games. Otherwise, next enter the current week of the season. You’ll update this setting a lot.
- If you have a or want a page to show team pages, select the page that is using the team page template. This will direct team links to this page. If you haven’t created the page for the teams, you can come back to this later. We’ll get into more detail later on in the guide.
- If you have a or want a page to show player pages, select the page that is using the player page template. This will direct player links to this page. If you haven’t created the page for the players, you can come back to this later. We’ll get into more detail later on in the guide.